Today, Technology Bloggers turns 2!
Many blogs get abandoned within the first year, blogs that last more than a year are rare. Blogging is said to have died and been reborn so many times, with millions of blogs, big and small falling by the wayside. But we haven’t!
Amazing growth, a growing social influence, and ranked in the top 275 technology blogs on the internet by Technorati, Technology Bloggers has had an amazing two years; and there is loads more to come!
Always striving to improve, every day we are becoming a bigger name in the technology industry.
Lets have a look at what’s happened in the last year…
The blog has undoubtedly grown in popularity since last year. Here are some interesting visitor statistics which show the extent of our growth.
- In year two (2012/2013) we had 65,000 unique visitors, 20k more than in year one (2011/2012)
- Overall the number of visits were up 88% year on year
- Year one saw 70,000 pageviews, whilst year 2 saw a staggering 64% increase to 115,000!
- On average people spend 100 seconds (1 minute and 40 seconds) when visiting the blog
Our presence on social media has significantly grown in the last year. We now post every article (title, excerpt and link) to Twitter and Facebook, as well as interesting things we find across the net, and developments – like my recent visit to the Gadget Show Live – more to come on that soon.
- Our Facebook page has gained 246 new likes, which is a 473% increase in the last year
- We now have 275 followers on Twitter, which is 299% up on the year 2011/2012
- Since last year we have joined Google+ and now have 33 followers
Want to join our followers? If you subscribe you can get updates from the feed. We will only ever post something additional if we think it will interest you.
As a blog we have achieved far more than traffic and a strong social presence, here are some of our other great achievements:
- Almost 4,000 comments have been posted by around 500 different commenters
- We have 175 feed subscribers 63 of whom subscribe via email
- We are ranked in the top 300 technology blogs in the world by Technorati (we are currently ranked 261, which is in the top 0.6% of all technology blogs in their index)
- We were awarded British Gas’s blog of the month last April
- We have a Google PageRank of 4 (although this doesn’t really mean very much)
- The blog has attracted 71 different writers 24 of whom have written more than one post
- Of our writers, 4 of them have 10 posts or more and 2 authors who have written more than 50 articles
- Many of our writers are now claiming Google Authorship, strengthening the names behind the content on our blog
In the last two years, we have awarded 12 community awards in total. These awards have been given to 7 different people, with notable award winners including: Alan Tay winner of two awards; Peter Lee also winner of two awards; myself, (Christopher Roberts) winner of two awards; and Jonny Hankins who has won three awards.
Our current growth seems to be showing no signs of slowing down, everything is just accelerating at the moment – which can be hard to manage!
In the pipeline for next year there is already a series, a competition, and loads of ideas for new posts!
As always, thanks for playing your part in the community. Without you we couldn’t operate. Read, write or comment, everyone is important and everyone is part of the community.
Thank you everyone, here’s to another great year
By the way, this is our 400th post!